Sunday, February 24, 2013

2/23/13 Heading to North Carolina!

My mom got a call on Thursday from Kason saying he was going to the North Carolina Charlotte mission, leaving on Monday! This is his e-mail this week:

Hey everyone!
 
This week was good, but still a little hard. I just barely went to the temple and that was great, but I left my watch in the temple pants there. We went back and luckily found them, but it scared me a little. Yesterday was in-field orientation and it was a really long day. We were in the same rooms for literally 8 hours with not gym time or anything like that. I did learn a lot though about how to get investigators, and work through members. I'm very excited to do the real thing. Thursday we found out we were getting reassigned. It was great to talk to Mom and Kody on the phone. I bought a phone card and plan to use it at the airport. My first flight is for about 7:30. I can call in the morning, but it will be really early. I would call about 6:00. I can also call again in the afternoon at about 1:00. My card has 500 minutes and I think it takes 100 every time to connect you. I will first call with quarters to make sure someone answers then I'll call with my card. Email me and let me know. Wednesday was my 2nd week hosting. That is good, but it's kind of hard and sad. You see all these Elders and Sisters getting dropped off at the curb, and their families are crying. It made me think back to that 7 1/2 weeks ago. Elder Sanford and Baldwin became zone leaders. I love Elder Baldwin and hope we are companions at some point. I have a feeling I will be in North Carolina for a while and I'm alright with that. Before I got my call I thought I would experience a state-side mission anyways. I'm fine with this. I'll get to have two mission experiences and know what a state side, and a foriegn mission are like. This mtc experience has been good for me. I've been able to study and learn how to better teach, I've learned a lot with Portuguese, my own knowledge and testimony have increased, I've met some great young men that will become some life long friends, and I've had a lot of time for self-evaluation. I've been able to think about my life, and the experiences I've had. I've been able to think about how I want to improve over these next two years. Overall it's been a good experience. There's been some things that were hard, but the mtc was honestly better than I thought it would be. Mom thanks for the pictures you sent me along with the backpack yesterday. Yeah I'm not sure about the mailing address at all. I'll find out once I get there. Let me know where Trevor gets his call to. I love you all have a great week.
 
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=f464f6b50e&view=att&th=13d07a8e3ea2b46e&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=f_hdix6ww41&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9KAQfrVc7O8QhOOiICIbnh&sadet=1361732231857&sads=RONrSfniBLLeLazwZqM5gfQVsS4&sadssc=1
Elder Kendall and Elder Josh Buenher

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=f464f6b50e&view=att&th=13d07aa1fc72615a&attid=0.3&disp=inline&realattid=f_hdix8huk2&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9KAQfrVc7O8QhOOiICIbnh&sadet=1361732364220&sads=3FjtbeKsAH81WDM5eViVcKBJEaQ 
in the church news!
 
 
 
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=f464f6b50e&view=att&th=13d07addca815f04&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=f_hdixd8gs1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9KAQfrVc7O8QhOOiICIbnh&sadet=1361732416027&sads=WS_jeYXywviXp9iPsPpIbhZtESYElder Kendall and Elder Diniero

No comments:

Post a Comment