Friday, January 18, 2013

week 3 - mtc buddies


Hey everyone!
 
This week went by really fast! It's good to get emails and letters from you. I really enjoy those. Mom thanks for that story by Ronna. I'm glad I got to go with you to Seattle and meet Kyle and the rest of her family. Kandis thanks for your sunday message you sent me! We have times where we share spiritual messages with the class, and they all seemed to like it. Dad that is way cool about the jazz winning the heat the other night. Mom yes I met your friends son Elder Baker he took a picture of us with his camera and said he would sent it to his mom, who would send a picture to you. I've been seeing lots of missionaries from Bountiful High. I see Elder Perkes a lot and eat lunch with him sometimes. He's here for another week and a half. His visa still hasn't come yet, and there's a chance of him getting reassigned state side. I've heard nothing about our visas and we might be reassigned state side. We had a devotional Tuesday night with Jeffrey R. Holland he said some amazing things such as the church needs the best missionaries it's ever had, and old prophets knowing we would succeed, so it helped them keep working. He told us we better come back with atleast one convert, and it better be ourselves. He dedicated 3 new buildings and said a powerful dedicatory prayer blessing the buildings to be safe, and no one being able to come and harm the missionaries.
 
 So let me explain the kids from my district a little more. Theres's Elder Dygert and Redmond both are from Idaho. Elder Dygert is a tall farm boy. He is really funny and I always sing the Party Dygert anthem to him. His companion is Elder Redmond. He likes music. There's Elder Bishoff and Marlow. Elder Bischoff is way funny. He plays piano and runs. He is the one I run with a few times a week. He can push me hard. He has asthma and still ran a 4:38 in High School. His team won state xc and he's all state in track and xc. Elder Marlow is way knowledgeable about the gospel. He's lived in Europe when his dad was in the army. All the elders I just named are going to Recife Brazil.
 
There's Elder Madrid and Worthen. Elder Madrid is tall mexican looking and is really good at basketball. He played for his highschool in California. Elder Worthen is from California and is  short , really funny, and wrestled in High School. These are two of my favorite elders and we joke around a lot together. There's also a trio Elder Woolstenhulme, Elder Earl, and Elder Baker. All of their names are Jake. Isn't that crazy? Elder Woolstenhulme graduated in 2011 and ran with Elder Bischoff in High School. He did marine training last year. He ran a 2:03 half mile. Elder Earl is really smart, he has glasses and is way classy. Elder Earl and Woolstenhulme are from Idaho. Elder Baker is from Cedar City. I don't know a whole lot about him except he kissed a lot of girls and did gymnastics. He is pretty cool. These Elders are all going to Riberio Prato Brazil
 
The Manaus Elders: Elder Sanford. He is around 6 ft 2 he played highschool basketball for Herriman. He is really really focused. Elder Baldwin is from Arizona he is 6 ft 5 and played high school basketball. He is really funny and goofy. I'm a big fan of him and he's our district leader I always say to him after he does something wierd. Voce grande Noob. The translation for that is you big noob! We always sing this song about speaking our language we made up. Elder Nielsen my companion is from Idaho he was S.B.O president has a good family. He has a girlfriend that runs and two twin sisters in highschool that also do. He played football and played basketball until his senior year. He read Diary of a wimpy kid books also. The Manaus Elders are my roommates.
 
We talk and have kinds of cool conversations in our district about deep doctrine, marrige, polygamy and all kinds of things. This last sunday we had a Devotional, and the conductor made us sing scatter the smiles and sunshine. Look it up it sounds like it should be sung be leprechauns, not 2000 19-20 year old men. She made us restart about 3 times because we weren't singing it perfect enough for her. I'll try to send pictures of the elders from my district. It's good to be going into Manaus with my roommates. They are all good guys. There was a fire in the kitchen just barely so it had to clear up. Oh and mom I wrote grandma a letter today and will send it today or tomorrow. I'm getting more revelation and feeling the spirit more than I ever have in my life. Eu amo voces. Eu acredito en o evangelho com meu coracao. Eu sou grato por Jesus Cristo e seu expiaco. If you want to know what I said copy and paste it on google translate. Oh and the Provo Temple is my new favorite.
 
-Elder Kendall

elder perkes eating lunch...
elder kendall with elder dredge
elder kendall with elder shields!!!
elder kendall and elder madrid
elders baldwin and sanford
elder worthen
elder dygert and redmond

1 comment:

  1. Love reading Kason's letters :)! So glad you made a blog to share them with everyone. Sounds like he's doing great. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete