Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 1

[this is a letter we got last saturday, jan. 5th]

Dear Mom and family

Hey! I'm in my room right now. I'm in a room with four guys who are going to Manaus! We are all between 6 ft - 6 ft 5. Elder Baldwin, in my room, is the district leader. He's 6 ft 5. My companion's name is Elder Nielson. He's great! He ran track and played football and basketball. He has a huge heart and talked about his little brother who is in a wheelchair. I think he will teach me a lot about compassion. I've really felt the spirit here. I'm learning a lot and I believe this is the best place I can be. I would be completely lying if I said I wasn't feeling homesick. I've realized now more than I ever have, how much I love all of you. Last night we had a mock lesson. There was an investigator whose family died. Hearing others speak and share doctrine about families being together forever was amazing. I felt the spirit. I have a really solid district, and my branch president is a runner. My testimony is growing every minute here. I don't have a perfect knowledge but I know I'll grow a lot. I didn't really mention it, but when I get set apart I instantly had a desire to be obedient and have been. I've seen Kohle, Adam Anderson, and Cody Moore. The language is going great. I feel good about it, and don't believe I'll have a problem with it. My first p-day isn't until January 11th. I can't email until then. I love you.

Love, Elder Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment